Paula N. Anthony
In The News
Paula Anthony was recently elected to serve as Chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s 650-member Labor & Employment Law Section for the 2018-2019 Bar Year. She also serves on the CBA’s...
The Statewide Law Firm Of Berchem Moses PC Announces New Name And Several Additions To Its Legal Team
In recognition of its consistent growth and increasing statewide presence, the law firm formerly known as Berchem, Moses & Devlin, P.C. has rebranded with a new name, Berchem Moses PC. On...
As a member of the Labor and Employment practice group at Berchem Moses, Paula advises private and public sector employers on a wide variety of personnel and employment matters. She has a notable record of success representing management in mediation, grievance arbitration and employment litigation, as well as extensive experience in conducting workplace investigations involving employee misconduct, violation of workplace policies, and discrimination and/or harassment complaints. She is a regular presenter on labor and employment topics to various professional groups and employers.
Paula has extensive experience in public sector legal representation. She formerly served as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Waterbury, Connecticut where, in addition to managing labor and employment matters, she advised the city on various municipal issues, including land use and zoning.
Paula was recently elected to serve as Chair of the Connecticut Bar Association's 650-member Labor & Employment Law Section for the 2018-2019 Bar Year. She also serves on the CBA's Municipal Law Committee and is a member of the Women in the Law Section.
Examples of Paula's commitment to the community include serving on the Board of Directors for the Shelton Historical Society, and as a former member of the Greater Waterbury YMCA Risk Management Committee. She is also an active member of the Women in Business Alumnae Council for Pace University where she serves as a career mentor for students and promotes networking with female alumnae in major corporations and businesses throughout the greater New York metropolitan area.
Paula is a graduate of Pace University and the Villanova University School of Law. She is admitted to practice in both Connecticut and New York, and is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association.
- Labor and Employment
- Municipal Law
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1989
- Pace University
- B.A. - 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Pace University, Member, Women in Business Alumnae Council
- Greater Waterbury YMCA, Former Member, Risk Management Committee
- Shelton Historical Society, Past President and Current Member, Board of Directors, Restoration Committee Chair
- Connecticut Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section, Officer; Women in Law Section, Legislative Sub-Committee; Municipal Law Committee
- New York Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section
- Greater Waterbury Bar Association
- Connecticut Labor and Employment Women
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut