Alfred P. Bruno
In The News
Attorney Al Bruno was recently honored as the recipient of the John J. Gallagher Memorial Athletic Award from the Seymour Board of Education. The award is given each year to an individual who has...
The Statewide Law Firm Of Berchem Moses PC Announces New Name And Several Additions To Its Legal Team
In recognition of its consistent growth and increasing statewide presence, the law firm formerly known as Berchem, Moses & Devlin, P.C. has rebranded with a new name, Berchem Moses PC. On...
Alfred P. Bruno serves as Senior Counsel in the firm's Litigation, Municipal, Labor and Employment, and Education Law Departments. He is heavily involved in general litigation matters and municipal work with a focus on the Town of Stratford where he provides representation and legal guidance.
Attorney Bruno formerly acted as General Counsel for the State Education Resource Center (SERC), a quasi-public agency in Middletown where he provided legal expertise to the Executive Director and Board of Directors. He conducted contract negotiations, handled all employement law matters, coordinated agency initiatives, oversaw grants, and facilitated state-wide training and technical assistance programs.
Attorney Bruno is a graduate of Bates College and the Quinnipiac University School of Law. At Quinnipiac, he received the Distinguished Academic Achievement Award for Trial Practice, the Outstanding Legal Scholarship Award, and the Service to the Community Award. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut and the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut.
Attorney Bruno lives in Seymour with his wife and two children. He is passionate about contributing his time and efforts to the community, currently serving his fourth term on the Symour Board of Selectmen. He previously served as President of the Seymour Soccer Association for more than a decade. Attorney Burno also conducts "alumni in admission" interviews for his undergraduate alma mater, Bates College.
- Municipal Law
- Labor & Employment Law
- Education Law
- Quinnipiac College School of Law, Hamden, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1997
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Honor Society
- Honors: National Family Law Moot Court Competition Semi-Finalist
- Honors: Recipient: Distinguished Academic Achievement Award, Trial Practice
- Honors: Outstanding Legal Scholarship Award
- Honors: Service to the Community Award
- Bates College
- B.A. - 1992
- Honors: Bates College President's Advisory Committee
- Major: History
- Seymour Board of Selectmen, 2011 to Present
- Seymour Soccer Association, President, 2006 to 2017
- Bates College “Alumni in Admission” Volunteer, 1995 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
Classes & Seminars
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), State Education Resource Center (SERC)
- Paraprofessionals as Partners, State Education Resource Center (SERC)
- Response to Intervention (RTI)/Scientific Research-Based Interventions (SRBIs), State Education Resource Center (SERC)
- Bullying and Harassment, State Education Resource Center (SERC)