Paula N. Anthony is a Partner in the firm’s Labor and Employment practice group. She advises private and public sector employers on a wide variety of personnel and employment matters. Attorney Anthony has a notable record of success representing management in mediation, grievance arbitration and employment litigation, as well as extensive experience in conducting workplace investigations. She is a regular presenter on labor and employment topics to various professional groups and employers.
Attorney Anthony has extensive experience in public sector legal representation, formerly serving as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Waterbury, Connecticut where, in addition to managing labor and employment matters, she advised the city on various municipal issues, including land use and zoning.
Attorney Anthony served as Chair of the Connecticut Bar Association’s 650-member Labor & Employment Law Section for the 2018-2019 Bar Year and currently serves on its Executive Committee. She also serves on the Board of the Human Resource Leadership Association (HRLA) as its Legislative Liaison.
Examples of Paula Anthony’s commitment to the community include serving on the Board of Directors for the Shelton Historical Society, and as a former member of the Greater Waterbury YMCA Risk Management Committee. She is also an active member of the Women in Business Alumnae Council for Pace University where she serves as a career mentor for students and promotes networking with female alumnae in major corporations and businesses throughout the greater New York metropolitan area.
Paula Anthony is a graduate of Pace University and the Villanova University School of Law. She is admitted to practice in both Connecticut and New York, and is a member of the American Bar Association, the New York Bar Association and the Connecticut Bar Association.
- Labor and Employment
- Municipal Law
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1989
- Pace University
- B.A. – 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Pace University, Member, Women in Business Alumnae Council
- Shelton Historical Society, President
- Connecticut Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section, Officer; Women in Law Section, Legislative Sub-Committee; Municipal Law Committee
- New York Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section
- American Bar Association; Labor and Employment Section
- Greater Waterbury Bar Association
- Connecticut Labor and Employment Women
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys
- HRLA, Board Member, Legislative Liaison
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals