Municipal and Board of Education employers may have recently received an email from the State Comptroller reminding them that the deadline to comply with new legislation requiring submission of certain information regarding employee health plans to the State is fast approaching.
Pursuant to Section 352 of the Budget Implementer (Public Act 19-117), not later than October 1, 2019 (and annually thereafter), public employers are required to submit a report to the State containing the following information:
- the total number of employees covered under its health care plan;
- the coverage type selected by each covered employee;
- the total premium for each coverage type, inclusive of employee and employer shares and medical and pharmacy coverage;
- the amount of any employer contributions to health savings or health reimbursement accounts;
- the number of participants in such health care plans, including employee dependents;
- a summary of benefits and coverage for each health care plan offered and the number of employees enrolled in each such plan; and
- information concerning employer retirement plans and benefits and the total costs to such employer associated with the provision of such plans and benefits in the preceding year.
No need to panic though – the required information should be available in two documents readily accessible to employers, i.e. the Summary of Benefits and Coverage and the Health Plan Renewal for each plan and/or carrier. Required documents should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please contact our labor and employment attorneys for any questions or assistance regarding your compliance with this new requirement.
Want to make sure you are up to date on other new legislative requirements impacting employers? Join us at 8:00 a.m. on September 27 for our next HR Bootcamp discussing new legislation on minimum wage, paid family leave, sexual harassment training, workers’ compensation, and more. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203)882-4198 to register. Check out other upcoming HR Bootcamp topics at https://www.berchemmoses.com/BMD-News/Seminars.shtml