Brian A. Lema
In The News
November 15-16, 2013: Berchem Moses lawyers attended the 2013 conference of the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education/Connecticut Association of Public School Superintendents, November...
December 2012: Shelby L. Wilson was quoted in an article on estate planning in the December edition of New Haven Magazine. In the article, entitled “The Greatest Gift,” Shelby comments on how...
Brian A. Lema is a partner with Berchem Moses PC. He concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial and residential real estate law, commercial financing, municipal law and land use, as well as general business law.
Mr. Lema has acted as counsel to various lenders, financial institutions and developers, as well as municipal zoning and building officials, including the Planning and Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and Inland Wetlands Commission for several municipalities on a variety of land use and regulatory issues. Through this practice, Mr. Lema has extensive experience in real estate transactions, complex land title issues, commercial law, land use applications, administrative proceedings and civil appeals of administrative decisions and has lectured on a variety of real estate and land use topics.
He has also served as an elected member of the Board of Alderman for the City of Milford and currently serves on the Chairman of the Board of Finance for the City of Milford.
- Real Estate
- Land Use
- Commercial Law
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1990
- University of Bristol, Bristol
- Georgetown University
- B.A. - 1987
- Honors: cum laude
- Major Land Use Laws in Connecticut (Contributing Author), NBI Seminar, 2002
- Land Use Law Update in Connecticut (Contributing Author), NBI Seminar, 2000
- Managing the Residential Real Estate Closing for the Paralegal in Connecticut (Contributing Author), IPE Seminar, 2001
- Commercial Real Estate for Paralegals (Contributing Author), IPE Seminar, 1999
- Residential and Commercial Evictions in Connecticut (Contributing Author), NBI Seminar, 1998
- City of Milford, Board of Alderman Bar Association, 1998 to 2000
- City of Milford, Board of Finance Bar Association, 2001
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991
- Laurel Beach Association v. Zoning Board of Appeals of the City of Milford, 66 Conn. 640, 2001, 2000087163
- Allen-Bradley Co., v. Hartford Electric Supply Co., 250 Conn. 334, 1999, 1999200703
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Sigma Alpha