Lawyers in this Practice Area
A Skilled Business Law Group In Connecticut
The Business Services Group at Berchem Moses PC offers a full range of sophisticated legal services to businesses of all sizes — from startups to mature corporations and Fortune 500 companies. Our lawyers offer the personalized attention typically found at a small law firm, while our firm offers the resources available only at a large law firm. As a full-service business law firm, our practice encompasses areas ranging from business formation and financing, to mergers and acquisitions, to exit strategies and business succession planning. We offer cost-effective and creative legal solutions to business and commercial clients.
Our business law attorneys understand the integral connection between legal and business issues. Not only do we develop focused legal strategies for clients, but we also help them solve critical business problems. Our Business Law Group works collaboratively with attorneys in related practice groups at our firm, enabling us to fully achieve the business goals of clients, whether a business issue involves labor and employment law, zoning law, commercial real estate law or another concern.
Business Startups, Transactions, Financing And Litigation
As a full-service business law firm, we are equipped to serve as legal advisers and counselors in all business law matters affecting Connecticut businesses and companies nationwide. Our business law attorneys represent local, regional and national clients in all facets of the following:
- Business formation —Assisting entrepreneurs in all stages of business startups, including establishing partnership agreements, business operating agreements, shareholder agreements, incorporation and licensing documents, and other essential business formation documents
- Corporate finance and secured transactions— Representing both borrowers and lenders in the closing of loan facilities and in working out problem loans; also representing lending institutions and other creditors in bankruptcy adversary proceedings
- Contracts —Negotiating and drafting contracts ranging from arrangements with customers and employees, joint ventures and license agreements, to deferred compensation, phantom stock and franchise agreements
- Business transactions —Advising commercial clients through mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, commercial real estate purchase and sales, commercial leasing, banking transactions, zoning and land use and other business-related transactions
- Business and estate planning— Developing business succession plans and structuring estate plans to minimize tax liability and preserve the owner’s equity
- Environmental law —Advising clients regarding regulatory compliance and representing their interests in litigation and before both state and federal regulatory agencies such as the EPA and the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP)
- Business dispute resolution— Representing our clients’ interests assertively and effectively in state and federal court and in administrative hearings
- Tax matters —Working closely with our business services lawyers, our tax attorneys help to minimize a client’s tax burden on the local, state and federal levels
In addition to this depth of knowledge and our many successes in and out of the courtroom, our attorneys’ work in the area of business law has been published Tax Management Real Estate Journal, Connecticut Law Tribune and other publications. You can read these thought-leading pieces on our Articles page.
Quality And Effective Counsel
From drafting a simple contract to providing effective representation in complex business litigation, you can rely on the Connecticut business law attorneys of Berchem Moses PC. Our firm provides the full range of services required of businesses today in the complex statutory and regulatory world in which they operate.
Consult with our experienced and sophisticated business lawyers. Contact Berchem Moses PC, for comprehensive business legal advice and services.