Rebecca Goldberg serves as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Milford office. She partners with human resources professionals and business managers to counsel them through the most challenging workplace situations, from harassment complaints to concerns about an employee’s mental or physical health. She frequently publishes articles to help employers keep up with new Connecticut and federal laws, providing timely practical guidance.
Ms. Goldberg focuses on preventive strategies designed to keep employers’ operations running smoothly and in compliance with the law. She is a go-to resource for creating or updating employee handbooks, delivering sexual harassment prevention training, and conducting employer self-audits to proactively identify ways to improve legal compliance.
When disputes with employees or former employees arise, Ms. Goldberg focuses her practice on labor and employment matters in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO). She also regularly conducts workplace investigations in response to employee complaints.
Ms. Goldberg has prepared seminars and webinars for management on various topics, including mental health issues in the workplace, supervisory skills, wage and hour laws, Title IX, and discrimination and harassment.
While attending Duke University School of Law, she received the Labor and Employment Law Award and the Family Law Award.
Since 2018, Rebecca Goldberg has been named to the Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers Rising Stars lists for Employment & Labor. Each year, only 2.5% of attorneys in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, forty years old and under, or in practice for ten years or less, receive the Rising Stars honor.
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. – 2011
- Honors: cum laude
- Brandeis University
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Associate Editor, Employment Discrimination Law, BNA Books, 5th Edition, 2012
- Contributing Editor, The Developing Labor Law, BNA Books, 6th Edition
- Connecticut, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2014
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Employment & Labor, 2018-present
- Milli Award – Westfair Communications – 2016
- Labor and Employment Law Award – Duke University School of Law
- Family Law Award – Duke University School of Law
- Dean’s Scholar – Brandeis University
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa