Michelle C. Laubin is a senior partner in the Milford office. Her practice focuses on education law, particularly special education law and student matters.
Ms. Laubin has represented school districts in countless student discipline and special education matters, including attending planning and placement team (PPT) meetings, negotiation of settlement and mediation agreements, representation in expulsion and due process hearings, as well as resolution of State Department of Education complaints and federal Office for Civil Rights (OCR) complaints.
In addition, Ms. Laubin is a frequent speaker on education law issues before school districts, the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education (CABE), the Connecticut Council of Administrators of Special Education (ConnCASE), the Connecticut Bar Association, and other state and regional organizations.
Ms. Laubin is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Professionalism Section and Education Law Section. She is also a past president of the Connecticut School Attorneys Council.
Ms. Laubin has a Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory AV® Preeminent™ peer rating, a rating Martindale-Hubbell publishes that is based on peers’ evaluation of a lawyer’s legal ability and general ethical standards. The basis of this rating is explained at www.Martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review_Ratings.aspx. Ms. Laubin has also been recognized since 2022 by The Best Lawyers in America® for her work in Education Law. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
- Education Law
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 1996
- Wells College
- B.A. – 1993
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1993
Classes & Seminars
- Speaker, Connecticut Association of Boards of Education (CABE), the Connecticut Council of Administrators of Special Education (ConnCASE), the Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Education Law Committee
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut School Attorneys Council, Member
- National School Board Association, Member
- Connecticut School Attorneys Council, Past President
- Connecticut, 1996
- New York, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2006
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory AV® Preeminent™
- Best Lawyers in America®, Education Law, since 2022