Douglas E. LoMonte, a partner in the law firm, spends most of his time advising business owners, professionals and entrepreneurs in connection with the organization, structure, acquisition, sale, merger and financing of privately held business entities, the purchase, sale and leasing of real estate, employment matters and tax and employee benefits matters.
Mr. LoMonte graduated from Trinity College (B.A., 1988), from the University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 1991), and from the University of New Haven (M.S., Taxation, 1999). He joined the firm in 1991.
Admitted to practice in Connecticut State and Federal Courts, Mr. LoMonte is a member of the American and Connecticut (Executive Committee Business Section) Bar Associations.
Mr. LoMonte is a registered sexual harassment training consultant and regularly conducts training seminars for managers and employees on the subjects of sexual harassment and workplace diversity. Mr. LoMonte is a frequent speaker on issues related to business organizations and business acquisitions.
Mr. LoMonte advises the firm’s clients regarding their qualified retirement plans. He served as Clerk of the Westport Board of Finance from 1992 to 2000. Currently, Mr. LoMonte serves as Secretary and Member of the Board of Directors of the Derby-Shelton Rotary Club and Member of the Parish Advisory Council of St. Lawrence Church in Shelton.
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. – 1991
- Trinity College, Hartford, CT
- B.A. – 1988
- Major: History
- University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
- M.S. – 1999
- Major: Taxation
- Westport Board of Finance, Clerk, 1992 to 2000
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association (Business Section)
- Board of Directors of the Derby-Shelton Rotary Club, Secretary and Member
- Parish Advisory Council of St. Lawrence Church in Shelton, Member
- Connecticut, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1991