Attorney Studer is a Senior Partner with Berchem Moses PC who practices in the areas of land use and commercial real estate law. He graduated magna cum laude from Stonehill College in 1972 and cum laude from Suffolk University Law School in 1977 where he was a member of the Suffolk University Law Review.
Mr. Studer’s practice concentrates on the representation of municipalities and developers in all aspects of the local zoning and land use permitting process, as well as the permitting process of various state and federal agencies, such as the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection and the U.S. Army Corps of engineers.
Mr. Studer is a member of the Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association and of the Property, Land Use and Environmental Law Sections of the American and Connecticut Bar Associations. As such, he is intimately involved in the representation of authorities in all zoning and land use planning matters, including regulation of inland wetlands and watercourses.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Studer is actively involved in local government in Milford, having previously served as Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, as a member of the City’s council on Aging, as Judge of Probate for the City of Milford, and as Chairman of a committee appointed by the mayor and Board of Aldermen to recommend and implement changes to the land use and building departments of the City of Milford in order to streamline the permit process.
Mr. Studer has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America® for Land Use & Zoning Law since 2022; and, in the 2023 edition he was also named for Environmental Law.
- Land Use
- Real Estate
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. – 1977
- Honors: cum laude
- Stonehill College
- B.A. – 1972
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Civil Service Commission, Milford, Connecticut, Chairman, 1989 to 1997
- District of Milford, Former Judge of Probate
- Case Comments, 10 Suffolk University Law Review 938, 1976
- Case Comments, 11 Suffolk University Law Review 171, 1976
- Milford Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Milford Fine Arts Council, Trustee
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Committee on Planning and Zoning, 1985
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, Committee on Environmental Law, 1992
- American Bar Association, Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, 1998
- American Planning Association, Conn. Chapter, Member
- Best Lawyers in America® , Land Use & Zoning Law
- Massachusetts, 1977
- Connecticut, 1978
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1978
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1980