In a vote taken April 1, 2009, all 30 of the committee members of the Joint Committee on Education present and voting voted in favor of SB 1142, An Act Concerning State Mandates on School Districts (two members were absent). However, substitute bill language was adopted by the committee addressing only the issue of the date that non-renewal notices must be sent (adjusting this from April 1 to May 1) and school readiness grants. The sections addressing the allocation of the burden of proof in a due process hearing and the date for termination of services at age 21 have been removed from the original bill language. Advocates for these provisions will have to wait until the next legislative session to have their positions heard.
- May An Employer Mandate That Employees Be Vaccinated against COVID As A Condition of Employment?
- EEOC Proposes Changes to Rules for Wellness Program Incentives
- DOL Ceases Enforcement of Executive Order Banning Diversity Training
- DOL updates its FFCRA guidance
- Paula N. Anthony and Richard C. Buturla Named Partners