In a vote taken April 1, 2009, all 30 of the committee members of the Joint Committee on Education present and voting voted in favor of SB 1142, An Act Concerning State Mandates on School Districts (two members were absent). However, substitute bill language was adopted by the committee addressing only the issue of the date that non-renewal notices must be sent (adjusting this from April 1 to May 1) and school readiness grants. The sections addressing the allocation of the burden of proof in a due process hearing and the date for termination of services at age 21 have been removed from the original bill language. Advocates for these provisions will have to wait until the next legislative session to have their positions heard.
- DOL Issues Guidance on COBRA Subsidy Under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
- What Employers Need to Know About the American Rescue Plan Act
- Ira W. Bloom Addresses Municipal Officials at CBA Planning and Zoning Seminar
- Ira Bloom and Mario Coppola named to Greenwich Magazine’s Top Lawyer’s list for 2021
- Berchem Moses PC Sponsors Westport Chamber Sandwich Contest