In recognition of its consistent growth and increasing statewide presence, the law firm formerly known as Berchem, Moses & Devlin, P.C. has rebranded with a new name, Berchem Moses PC. On September 5, 2017, sign unveiling ceremonies were held at the firm’s offices in Milford and Westport (CT). In Milford, Mayor Ben Blake and members of the Chamber of Commerce participated in the celebration, along with Berchem Moses PC leadership and staff.The firm’s new logo, which appears on new signage, printed materials, electronic and digital media, is reflective of its long and storied history, while also incorporating a more contemporary look and feel. The “sunburst” symbol conveys the vision of a bright future for Berchem Moses PC as the firm continually recruits senior level management staff and cultivates young attorneys poised for leadership roles.The firm originally was founded by William Gitlitz in 1933. Robert L. Berchem joined in 1967, and together with Marsha Belman Moses, who joined in 1975, has led the firm’s growth to 40 attorneys today. The firm currently employs over 70 people including attorneys, paralegals, and administrative staff.In the past two years, seven senior level attorneys have joined Berchem Moses PC, along with several new associates:
- Christopher M. Hodgson was named as Senior Partner in the firm’s Labor & Employment Law Department in August 2015. Since 1990, Mr. Hodgson has represented numerous private and public sector employers in collective bargaining and labor relations matters, including negotiating collective bargaining agreements, presenting municipal and Board of Education interest arbitration cases, and defending grievance arbitration claims. He has also represented management in a wide spectrum of labor and employment litigation in state and federal courts.
- Eileen Lavigne Flug also joined the firm in 2017 as Senior Counsel in the Municipal and Corporate Law Departments. She formerly served as Of Counsel for Cohen and Wolf, P.C. Ms. Flug was the leader of a 36-member elected legislative body in Westport, CT that approved budgets of over $200 million for the town.
- Christine A. Sullivan joined the firm in 2016 as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Education Law Department. She formerly served as Director of Education and Training at the UConn Health Center, A.J. Pappanikou Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, Education, Research and Service.
- Paula N. Anthony was named as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Labor & Employment Law Department in 2016. She formerly served as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Alfred P. Bruno was named as Senior Counsel in the firm’s Litigation and Education Law Departments in 2016. He formerly served as General Counsel for the State Education Resource Center (SERC).
Additional appointments will be announced in the coming months.