Eileen Lavigne Flug
In The News
Attorney Eileen Lavigne Flug of Berchem Moses PC will be recognized by the Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence (CCADV) as among this year's "First 100 Plus" leaders who make a positive...
Attorney Eileen Lavigne Flug of Berchem Moses PC was recently elected President of the Westport Sunrise Rotary club, effective July 1, 2018. Ms. Flug joined the firm in 2017 as Senior Counsel in the...
Eileen Lavigne Flug is a Senior Counsel in the Westport office and serves as Assistant Town Attorney for the Town of Westport. She has deep experience in business and not-for-profit law, and advises clients in general corporate law matters, including negotiating and drafting contracts and regulatory matters.
Prior to joining Berchem Moses P.C., Attorney Flug served as Of Counsel for Cohen and Wolf, P.C. where she advised individuals, small and mid-sized businesses, and nonprofits regarding contracts, general corporate, and not-for-profit law. Attorney Flug began her legal career as an attorney at Arnold and Porter in Washington, D.C. and later served for almost 10 years as General Counsel of a major wine and spirits wholesaler and distributor in New York City.
Ms. Flug graduated With Distinction from the University of Nevada with a degree in business administration concentrating in public accounting, and summa cum laude from the Pepperdine University School of Law, where she graduated first in her class and Valedictorian in 1988. She was the Editor-in-Chief of the Pepperdine Law Review from 1987 to 1988.
Attorney Flug is deeply committed to the Fairfield County community. From 2013 to 2017, she was the elected Moderator of the 36-member Westport Representative Town Meeting, and she served on that body as an elected representative for nearly 12 years. She is an active Rotarian, serving as past president and current board member of the Westport Sunrise Rotary, and is a board member of the Sunrise Rotary 21st Century Foundation. She is a partner in Social Venture Partners-Connecticut. Ms. Flug serves on the Advisory Council for the Westport Museum for History and Culture and serves on the executive committee of, and previously chaired, the Westport-Weston Chapter of the Connecticut Bar Association. In the past, Ms. Flug has served as a member of the Employment Steering Committee of Fairfield County's Community Foundation, and has served on the boards of the Connecticut League of Conservation Voters, Friends of Westport Parks and Recreation, Green Village Initiative, and the American Society of Botanical Artists, among many other pro bono roles. Attorney Flug has also volunteered as pro bono counsel with the Pro Bono Partnership.
- Municipal Law
- General Corporate
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Valedictorian
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- B.S.B.A. - 1985
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Public Accounting
- Westport-Weston Chapter of Connecticut Bar Association, Chair, 2016 to Present
- Connecticut League of Conservation Voters, Board Member, 2012 to Present
- Westport Sunrise Rotary, President Elect, 2017 to 2017
- Westport Sunrise Rotary, Member, 2009 to Present
- Westport Sunrise Rotary 21st Century Foundation, Board Member, 2012 to Present
- Westport Historical Society, Advisory Council, 2017 to Present
- "Executive Leadership Program: A Powerful Model for Peer-to-Peer Nonprofit Executive Leadership Development,” a white paper published by Fairfield County's Community Foundation (2015)
- “Fiduciary Duty Limitations on Voting and Investment Policies of Institutional Investors,” with Robert D. Rosenbaum, Institutional Investors: Passive Fiduciaries to Activist Owners, Practicing Law Institute Corporate Law and Practice Course Handbook Series, No. 704 (1990)
- Selected Entries in “California Supreme Court Survey: A Review of Decisions,” Pepperdine Law Review, Volumes 14:1 and 14:2 (1986-1987)
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Connecticut, 2013
- New York, 1993