Marsha Belman Moses
In The News
Pictured above are Ira Bloom and Marsha Moses of Berchem Moses PC (along with their spouses) and Whoopi Goldberg. “The Daily Show” host and stand-up comedian Trevor Noah headlined “VOICES: A Show of...
Only 5 percent of attorneys in the state are selected to receive this prestigious honor MILFORD AND WESTPORT, CT: Marsha Belman Moses, Ira W. Bloom, Floyd J. Dugas, Christopher M. Hodgson, Mario F....
Marsha Belman Moses focuses her legal practice in the area of education law, representing boards of education throughout the State of Connecticut over the past 30 years. Her practice includes representing boards of education in special education, transportation, residency, expulsion, teacher discipline and termination matters, as well as collective bargaining negotiations and arbitration hearings.
She has represented boards of education in federal and state courts, as well as in administrative proceedings, such as due process hearings. In addition, she regularly presents workshops and seminars for the Connecticut Association of Boards of Education, the Connecticut Bar Association, ConnCase and many other educational organizations and groups. Ms. Moses is a past president of the Connecticut School Attorneys Council and a member of the Connecticut Academy of Pediatrics Committee on School Health, as well as a Board member of the Hamden Education Foundation. She received her B.A. degree from Miami University and graduated summa cum laude from Wayne State University Law School.
Ms. Moses is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest designation. She was named as a top-rated Schools & Education attorney by Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers from 2015-2018. Ms. Moses was recently selected by her peers for inclusion in U.S. News & World Report’s The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 in the field of Education Law.
- Education Law
- Labor and Employment
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 1975
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Member, Pi Sigma Alpha, 1973-1974
- Miami University
- B.A. - 1970
- Anti-Defamation League, Member, Connecticut Regional Board
- Connecticut School Board Attorneys Council, President, 1999 to 2000
- New Haven County Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Education Law Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- National School Board Association, Member
- Connecticut, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1977
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory AV® Preeminent™
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers - Schools & Education, 2007, 2015-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Education Law, 2021