In The News
Berchem Moses PC is pleased to announce that effective January 1, 2021, Christine Sullivan has been elected as Senior Partner. “It is with great pride that we announce the promotion of Christine...
Attorneys Ryan Driscoll and Christine Sullivan Win Important Decision For Trumbull Board of Education in United States District Court
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) is a landmark federal statute that protects the rights of children with disabilities to receive a free and appropriate public education. One of...
Christine A. Sullivan is a Senior Partner in the firm's Education Law Department. She is the former Director of Education and Training at the UConn Health Center, A.J. Pappanikou Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities, Education, Research and Service. Christine holds a PhD in Educational Psychology from the University of Connecticut. She is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and the University of Connecticut School of Law. Attorney Sullivan is admitted to the Connecticut Bar and has been a member of the Connecticut Bar Association since 1988.
Ms. Sullivan is also a member of the Council for Exceptional Children, the American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
Prior to joining Berchem Moses PC, Attorney Sullivan worked in private practice for over 26 years at the firm of Duffy & Fasano Attorneys at Law located in Woodbury, Connecticut.
Christine Sullivan is deeply involved in the community. She formerly served as a member of the board of directors of Saint Mary's Health System and the Regional Advisory Board in Waterbury, CT from 1998 to 2020, and during that time served as the Chair of the Executive Compensation Committee and is a member of the Finance and Audit Committees.
- Education Law
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1988
- University of Connecticut, Neag School of Education Storrs, CT
- Ph.D. - 2015
- Honors: Graduate Certificate: Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support (2011)
- Major: Educational Psychology
- Major: Special Education
- College of the Holy Cross
- B.A. - 1984
- Major: Economics
- Saint Mary's Health System and the Regional Advisory Board in Waterbury, CT, Chair of the Executive Compensation Committee from 1998 to 2020; and, currently serves as a member of the Finance and Audit Committees
- Sullivan, C.A. & Bruder, M. (2014, November). A Competency Based Model of Training for Special Education Paraeducators, Poster presented at the Association of University Centers on Disabilities Annual Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Sullivan, C.A. (2013, November). Differentiation. Connecticut Down Syndrome Congress Conference, Danbury, CT
- Sullivan, C.A. (2015). Examining Parents’ Perceptions of the Individualized Education Program Meeting. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT. (Paper 722)
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member, 1988 to Present
- Council for Exceptional Children, Member
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Member
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, Member
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, Member, 2013 to Present
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities, Fellow, 2010/2011
- Waterbury Bar Association, 1988 to Present
- American Bar Association, 1988 to 2007
- Council for Exceptional Children, 2009 to Present
- Council for Exceptional Children, Division for Early Childhood, 2010 to Present
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 2010 to Present
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, 2010 to Present
- Connecticut, 1988
- Lisa Pappanikou Glidden Scholarship
Classes & Seminars
- Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities, Parent Faculty, 2009
- University of Connecticut, Saint Joseph University, Guest lecturer