Ira W. Bloom is a senior partner in the firm. He has practiced in the land use and municipal areas for many years. Mr. Bloom has been Town Attorney for Westport since 1998, Town Attorney for New Canaan since 2012, Town Counsel for Wilton since 2016, Weston Town Attorney since May 2018, and has served as counsel to Easton and Madison for several years. He has also represented other municipalities, along with numerous applicants and neighborhood associations throughout the state.
Mr. Bloom is a member and former President of the Connecticut Bar Association Planning and Zoning Executive Committee. He is also a former member of the Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys (CAMA), a member of the Connecticut Chapter of the American Planners Association (CCAPA), and a James W. Cooper Fellow of the Connecticut Bar Foundation. Mr. Bloom is currently a member of the Connecticut Bar Association House of Delegates.
Mr. Bloom has written a number of articles for the Connecticut Lawyer, including an article on the new administrative practice book rules in the March, 2012 issue and an article on Piquet v. Town of Chester, et al., in the October/November, 2012 issue. A frequent speaker at CBA and CAMA seminars, Mr. Bloom has also been a past speaker at events and seminars sponsored by the Fairfield County Bar Association and the Southwest Regional Planning Agency (SWRPA).
Mr. Bloom is a member of the International Municipal Lawyers Association and regularly attends their national meetings. He also served as Chairman of the Westport Board of Education, serving on that board for eight years.
Mr. Bloom obtained an AV® PreeminentTM rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings. AV® PreeminentTM is the highest rating given in the peer review process conducted by Martindale-Hubbell and attests to an attorney’s high ethical standards and legal ability. The basis of this rating is explained at www.Martindale.com/Products_and_Services/Peer_Review_Ratings.aspx.
Mr. Bloom has been named to the Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers lists since 2008 for Land Use & Zoning.
- Land Use and Municipal Law
- General Civil Litigation
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- Honors: With Honors
- Clark University, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Government
- Connecticut Bar Association Planning and Zoning Executive Committee, Chair
- Connecticut Bar Association Planning and Zoning Executive Committee, Vice Chair
- Connecticut Bar Foundation James W Cooper, Fellow
- Connecticut Association of Municipal Attorneys
- Connecticut, 1978
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1978
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory AV® Preeminent™
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers – Land Use & Zoning, 2008-2020