Attorney Raymond Rigat is an experienced litigator with a broad range of experience in state, federal, and military courts. Prior to joining Berchem Moses PC, he owned and operated The Rigat Law Firm based in Clinton, Connecticut since 1996.
Attorney Rigat served as a probate court judge for the District of Clinton from 1999 until 2011. He was Corporate Counsel for the City of Torrington from 2012 to 2015.
Attorney Rigat also served as a Lieutenant in the Judge Advocate General Corps for the U.S. Navy from 1990 to 1993, and as a military court civilian attorney since then. Over the years, he has handled at least 75 court-martial and 100 administrative separation hearings.
Attorney Rigat has a long history of notable appellate victories, including a Multi-Party Drug Conspiracy Appeal: United States v. Ofray-Campos, 534 F.3d 1 (1st Cir. 2008) and a Contempt Appeal: United States v. Browne, 318 F.3d 261 (1st Cir. 2003).
Raymond Rigat is a long-time resident of the Connecticut Shoreline.
- Municipal Law
- Land Use & Zoning
- Personal Injury
- Military Law
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut, J.D., 1990
- Fordham University, Bronx, New York, B.A. in History and Political Science, 1987
- Connecticut 1990
- Pennsylvania 1991
- District of Columbia 2005
- Massachusetts 2006
- New York 2006
- New Jersey 2006
- Rhode Island 2007
- Virginia 2007
- Delaware 2009
- Maryland 2010
- Mashantucket Tribal Court 1994
- United States Supreme Court 1999
- United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Federal District Courts
- Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and for Veterans Claims
- Specialty United States Federal Courts
Awards & Recognition
- Connecticut Bar Association Federal Practice Section Pro Bono Award, 2006
- Navy Achievement Medal for Professional Development, 1993