Our litigation attorneys have a track record of winning cases. We regularly appear in federal and state courts throughout Connecticut. We defend our clients’ cases from their inception, preparing pleadings, conducting depositions, overseeing physical examinations, and handling all pretrial discovery proceedings, and defending clients at trial.
Attorney Richard J. Buturla, who chairs Berchem Moses’s litigation section, is highly experienced in trial advocacy. Our clients include many major insurance companies, self-insured corporations and municipalities.
Our litigation defense attorneys provide effective and efficient legal services for a wide variety of claims. Insurance companies and high-profile self-insured businesses and corporations faced with litigation have benefited from our extensive experience in the following areas:
- Commercial litigation — We regularly defend businesses, large and small, in business- and commercial-based litigation.
- Insurance defense — We are experienced in all facets of insurance defense, including coverage disputes, negligence, uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, auto accidents, premises liability, product liability, unfair trade practice, bad faith/unfair insurance practices, professional liability, workers’ compensation, surety and employment law.
- Municipal litigation — We provide comprehensive representation, from simple negligence and nuisance claims to complex issues arising from the assertion of Section 1983 complaints, including claims of excessive force by police officers. For further information on our services to municipalities, please visit our Municipal Law page.
- Civil rights violations — We have a lengthy record in defending school boards, municipalities and their employees against civil rights actions.
- Indian land claims — We represent municipalities, title insurance companies and homeowners in defense of title disputes relating to Indian land claims.
- Employment litigation defense — Our attorneys regularly defend employers from allegations of discrimination, wrongful and/or retaliatory discharge, and many other claims. Our firm’s employment law and insurance defense benefits our defense of insurers and self-funded employers facing employment-related litigation in the private and municipal sectors.
- Preventive education — We help clients avoid litigation by providing educational seminars, newsletters and round table discussions for clients and their employees.
With offices in New Haven and Fairfield counties, the litigation attorneys of Berchem Moses PC represent clients throughout the state. Contact us to arrange a consultation.